FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Reed Madden - 937.862.4110 (home), 937.239.1325 (cell); firstname.lastname@example.org
Campaign chair Merle Grace Kearns - 937.408.3660
W. Reed Madden Files in Race for State Senate
Former Greene County Commissioner Vies for 10th District Seat
SPRING VALLEY. OHIO (December 21, 2007) - W. Reed Madden has filed the necessary paperwork to make official his bid for the 10*1 District Senate seat to represent Clark, Greene and Madison counties at the Ohio Statehouse. Madden says he plans to propose a scaling down of taxes for 8 years beginning in 2009.
"We are over taxed in many areas: retired benefits, property taxes, business fees and death taxes," said Madden of Spring Valley. "My proposal will help us keep our young workers and our seniors from leaving Ohio for reduced or no taxes in other states."
Madden also wants to bring competition into the state for the Workers Compensation Program to save money for small businesses.
•Government needs to run more like a business,' said Madden. Taxpayers are the investors in the business of the state, and we deserve to have our dollars handled astutely."
Madden served for 20 years as a Greene County Commissioner, from 1985-2005. During his tenure.
• Greene County attracted economic development at the Fairfield Commons Mall and surrounding area in
• Wright Patterson Air Force Base has remained a key asset to the community, particularly in high-tech and
• Greene County opened Rails to Trails throughout the county making Xenia a major hub for bicycle traveland tourism;
• Greene County brought the Red Cross Family Homeless Shelter to Xenia (1990); (Madden recently helped
secure a $734,000 federal grant to add units for transitional housing.)
• Greene County's population grew from 119,000 to 152,900;
He is owner of the W. Reed Madden Insurance Agency and is active in the community in a number of ways:
• Serves as trustee for the eight-county National Aviation Heritage Foundation (including Clark and GreeneCounties);
• Promotes the area to become the recognized global center of aviation and the premier destination foraviation Heritage tourism to sustain the Wright Brothers' legacy;
• Serves on the boards of directors of the National Aviation Hall of Fame, Wright "B" Flyer, National AviationHeritage Foundation, Dayton Area Red Cross, Wellness Community and Miami Valley Resource,Conservation and Development.
• Past president of the Waynesville Chamber of Commerce, Centerville Optimists, Boosters, PTO, Sauerkraut Festival and Chairman of the Spring Valley Potato Festival.
Madden is a graduate of Kettering Fairmont High School and was a cheerleader at Southern Methodist University for three years. He furthered his education at The Ohio State University and is a graduate of the Marketing Institute of Purdue University. He has been married for 47 years to Judy, and they have two children six grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.