Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A new Plan for Business Owners...

Dear Fellow Business Owners:

As a business owner who employs 30 people, I have resigned myself to the
fact that Barack Obama will be our next president, and that my taxes and
fees will go up in a BIG way.

To compensate for these increases, I figure that the Customer will have
to see an increase in my fees to them of about 8-10%.
I will also have to lay off six of my employees.
This really bothered me as I believe we are family here and didn't know
how to choose who will have to go.
So, this is what I did.
I strolled thru the parking lot and found eight Obama bumper
stickers on my employees cars.
I have decided these folks will be the first to be laid off.

I can't think of another fair way to approach this problem.
If you have a better idea, let me know.
I am sending this letter to all business owners that I know.

Sincerely,
Ward
JOOA Corp.

I don't think there are any federal anti-discrimination laws that would
apply here

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you know Ward? Where is JOOA Corp. and what do they produce? Does Ward really employ 30 people? How did Ward come up with his 8% price hike? If Ward is a good business owner he might also realize some employees have much more value, regardless of political beliefs, than others.

Who brings in the money? I hope it isn't one of the 8 employees that Ward claims to have and is claiming he will let go.

This is weak - very, very weak.